Apr 22, 2014

Eight Cinco de Mayo Favorites

For once in my blogging life, I'm early to a food event!

Is it ambition?
Awesome planning?
Superb organizational skills?
Am I at the top of my game?

No.  No.  No.  And a big fat no.

What this is is the oldest blogging trick in the book.  When all else fails, turn to the trusty round-up!

There's a huge audit coming up at work and because of it my life no longer belongs to me.

I have nothing to write about and no--I mean zip, zilch, nada--motivation to sift through pictures.  And for sure no motivation to resize, crop, or edit anything.

Instead, I'd so much rather stuff myself with whatever chocolate Easter candy remains and have you enjoy some of my favorite Mexican (and Mexican-inspired) dishes.

Cinco de Mayo Favorites | Ms. enPlace


2. Lazy Salsa (warning--it's not lazy)


From the past...
Roasted Okra & Tomato Topped Blackened Catfish | Ms. enPlace
Toasted Orzo
Shrimp & Andouille Baked Potatoes | Ms. enPlace
Linking with:
Yesterfood
Feeding BigThe 21st Century Housewife Hearth and Soul Blog Hop
Full Time MamaMiz Helen’s Country Cottage
Jam Hands
My Turn for us
Lou Lou Girls
Tasty Tuesdays

11 comments:

  1. Your lists looks so tasty! And even if it was a fall back plan I love a good ole round up every once in a while! Thanks for sharing at DDT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fajitas look wonderful ! Pinned :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the dishes are not for me, but I need to check the salsa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those words Zip and Zilch ! Life taken over? ambition? organizational skills? I know none of that either most times. Enjoy the chocolate Michelle I could eat tons of Cabury Mini Eggs should they be at my disposal. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4/24/2014

    So msenplace wasn't?
    the DARK CHOCOLATE Cadbury Mini Eggs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally relate to those moments when you need to pull a round-up out of the bag, and what a great round-up this is. We don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo here, but I would still love every single one of those dishes anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these recipes look amazing!!! Pinned! Thanks for sharing at our party. Please swing by this Tuesday, I love to see your creations! Lou Lou Girls http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle,
    What a great collection for Cino de Mayo, it looks fabulous! Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. It may be the oldest trick in the book, but it's a delicious one!! ;) Thanks for the compilation, and for sharing it with us at Treasure Box Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas I'm going to pin them to a group round up board. Thanks for bringing them to foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes a round up is one of the best posts. I see some recipes that interest me. Pinning them for later. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.