Sep 6, 2012

¡Esta Rojo!

Rick Bayless is a big fat liar.

Or maybe we just aren't simpático.

At the end of his Brava Steak recipe, Bayless suggests topping the steaks with Lazy Salsa.

It was a wrap-up-the-summer Sunday evening cookout.  Lazy I was definitely after.

Only this was the most labor intensive salsa I've ever made.

Lazy would be asking The Husband to open a jar.  Roasting peppers, grilling onions and tomatoes, pulsing in a food processor (which I had to wash) is far from lazy.

Pants on fire, Rick.

Of course had he named the salsa "Use Up All of Your Day Salsa," I never would have tried it.

Know what?  I would have missed out big time.  Lazy Salsa is the best salsa I've had--it even rivals the salsa at my favorite Mexican restaurant.


Go ahead, Rick.  Lie to me some more.


By the way, the steaks were also excellent in case you were wondering.  The garlic-jalapeno-lime marinade provided lots of flavor.  The steaks could be eaten as is.  But I just loved them topped with the warm salsa.  The salsa is a winner with chips too.

Both the steak and salsa recipes can be found online.  Click below.  You'll be glad you did.

Brava Steaks (Carne Asada Brava)
Lazy Salsa (Salsa Huevona)


Kim @ Stirring the Pot made these steaks for Grill Week at I Heart Cooking Clubs and topped them with  Chipotle Steak Sauce.

This post is part of ¡Esta Rojo! week at I Heart Cooking Clubs.  We are cooking the recipes of Rick Bayless through September.

Rick Bayless @IHCC button rounded


Also sharing with

Food on Friday: Mexican Food @ Carole's Chatter

Foodtastic Friday at Not Your Ordinary Recipes

9 comments:

  1. That salsa looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it sounds like it was definitely worth the work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I WANT this meal for breakfast right this minute...looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me LOL literally! So glad it was worth the work in the end :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks delicious! I've made some salsa too from RB's website, it was so good, now I will have to take a look at this one! You are funny! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! I'm loving the looks of those steaks with the lazy salsa. Sounds like it was worth the work. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9/08/2012

    Hmm...steak and eggs with Lazy Salsa...See what you started!?? Thanks though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm, steak and salsa - great combo! Now I am having a serious craving for steak.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This salsa definitely looks GOOD !
    The link though is broken.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.