Jun 17, 2012

See Ya In the Gumbo # 36 (plus an award)



See ya in the gumbo!

My great grandpa said this instead of "good-bye."  It means see ya out there in the mix.

Gumbo is a mix of various ingredients.  And no two people make it the same way.

To "make a gumbo" means much more than cooking.  When someone says "I'm making a gumbo," it means family and friends are invited.

I invite you to join this POTLUCK PARTY every Sunday night.

Bring whatever mix of ingredients you'd like.


Thank you for taking the time to link up!


All featured entries will be Pinned here.

Last week's top-viewed links:

Aussie Style Chicken
from Frugal In Florida

Chicken topped with cheese, bacon, mushrooms, and more cheese...I can see why this was the top-viewed link from last week.




Cherry Cheesecake Wontons
from Bizzy Bakes

The Wonton Warrior is back with a terrific dessert.

Cherry Cheesecake Wontons from Bizzy Bakes





Ms. enPlace



* Please link your post, not your homepage.

* In your post, please link back to my site or add a button.

* Try to visit 2 or more participants

* Food-related posts only, please.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: "Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere." The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer 10 questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award! Don't forget to copy and paste the award on your blog!

Thank you Terry from RV Life & Food for this award.  Terry and I found each other not long ago.  She always has tasty food, a positive spirit and leads an interesting life.  Go visit her!


Ten Questions:

1. Favorite Color: Dark Green
2. Favorite Animal: Dragonfly
3. Favorite Number:
4. Favorite Drink: coffee
5. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook.  I don't Twitter.  Actually, I don't FB much either.
6. Good Book or a Good Movie: Movie.  I'm surrounded by books all day at work.
7. My Passion: to put my best into whatever I do.
8. Giving or Getting Presents: I should say giving, but getting is pretty darn fun.
9. Favorite Day of the Year: Mardi Gras.
10. Favorite Flowers: Irises

The 10 blogs I am sending the Sunshine Award to are:

All the Small Stuff
Bo's Bowl
Joe & Sue
Just Winging It
The Kitchen Cookie
The Mouth of the South
My Turn (for us)
Once a Mom...Always a Cook
Slice of Southern
White Lights on Wednesday

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Michelle! This week I tried to link something a little healthier, black bean quesadillas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting:) Special thanks for thinking of me for the Sunshine Award. Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that aussie style chicken looks good!

    Thank you so much for giving me the Sunshine award! I'll do the survey and pass the award along later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Michelle, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am truly honored, thank you so much :) My favorite drink is coffee too, couldn't function in the mornings without it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award! It was nice to learn a bit more about you too. Thank you for hosting. This week I have shared my Cinnamon Dolce Latte Cake, which goes really well with your favorite drink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for thinking about me and sharing the award with me. I love all the stuff you post too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.