May 23, 2015

In Honor of Deb {White Bean Soup}

I haven't cooked with my gals at I Heart Cooking Clubs in almost a year.  But when I found out about this special get together, I had to get back to it.

White Bean Soup | Ms. ePlace


This week, IHCC is holding a virtual potluck in honor of Deb from Kahakai Kitchen.  Deb recently lost her mother, so we're all getting together to offer our support.

White Bean Soup | Ms. ePlace

It's well known that Deb loves soup.  After reading Deb's tribute to her mother, I found out that her mom loved soup too.  So I chose to bring White Bean Soup from Rick Bayless topped with Mustard Croutons from Yotam Ottolenghi (which I've made before).

White Bean Soup | Ms. enPlace

The soup was thick and creamy from the pureed beans.  Hot sauce was a nice finishing touch.
The recipe can be found HERE.  I used celery instead of celeriac, Louisiana Hot Sauce instead of a Mexican brand, and parsley instead of cilantro.

White Bean Soup | Ms. ePlace

My condolences, Deb.


I Heart Cooking Clubs
Linking with:
What'd You Do This Weekend
Yesterfood
The 21st Century Housewife Hearth and Soul Blog Hop
Lou Lou Girls Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Celebrate It!
Olives-n-Okra
My Turn for us
Share your recipes on Morsels of Life: Five Friday Finds

20 comments:

  1. It looks great Michelle. I'm sure Deb would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Michelle, It does look creamy. I had to go look at the recipe to see why. I thought there might even be cream in it. Thanks for sharing such a yummy recipe. So sorry to hear of Deb's lost. I am sure all your soups and thoughts will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That combination of soup and croutons looks just wonderful! And very much something that Deb would love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Michelle for joining us to honor Deb. I know that she would love this bean soup as much as I do. It looks creamy and comforting and oh so satisfying. Perfect soup to soothe you from the inside out.

    I really need to make those mustard croutons! Going to have to pin this so I remember:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creamy bean soup looks so so delicious. I'm not a fan of beans but now that I have seen your soup, I'm tempted to make this. I'm bookmarking this for sure. I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is brilliance with the taste to prove, I am sure, to combine the best ideas from both Bayless and Ottolenghi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I had a bowl of that now! Thanks for sharing the recipe and condolences to your friend and her family.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I had a bowl of that now! Thanks for sharing the recipe and condolences to your friend and her family.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love white bean soups, your version sounds delicious! And what a lovely tribute to your friend and her mom. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend? I hope you will join us again next Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks delicious Michelle even though is still a sad time for Deb, I am glad we all shared together in this tribute In Honor of Deb!
    Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely way to support Deb at such a sad tim, Michelle. It's wonderful to see bloggers coming together like this. Your White Bean Soup looks fantastic - the recipe sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing this post and your lovely soup with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michelle,
    Such a lovely tribute to Deb's mom and Deb! With a substitution of vegetable broth, this soup is right up my ally!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Gorgeous! This looks incredible! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm, so we can party with you! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a precious tribute to your friend. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday, I just pinned this recipe it looks so good! Hope you are having a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Total comfort at just the right time

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great reason to make soup. Pinned, tweeted, and stumbled! Thanks for linking up and sharing with us at Funtastic Friday. Hope you join us again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michelle, Thank you so very much for jumping in to honor my mom. I have not been able to read the individual posts until now but just knowing they were there meant so much. Your soup looks amazing--Bayless and Ottolenghi make an excellent combination and bean soup is comfort in a bowl. It's funny--my mom was a huge crouton fan and I think she would have loved them on this soup. Much Aloha, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm pinning this soup ~It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice soup, I like the pure white color very much, I am sure it is delicious. Serve with croutons is a good idea, I am thinking to serve with deep fried or baked fish fillet, and it is a fantastic dinner for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.