Sep 1, 2014

I Get the Blues when Snakebit {Snakebite Beer Cocktail}

Labor Day is supposed to be an end to summer.

Dear thermometer on the porch,
Didn't you get that memo?
No?
That's ok.  It gives me an excuse to squeeze in one last summer of booze drink.

Snakebite | Ms. enPlace


I discovered this equal mixture of hard cider and lager at the most perfect place to discover a new beer...a pizza joint.

I had many a Snakebite during Pint and a Half Night at Pizza by Stout--which no longer exists due to the 05/22/11 EF5 tornado that hit Joplin, MO.


Snakebite isn't as harsh as the name leads you to believe.  The sweetness of the cider (in this case I used Redd's Apple Ale because I wanted to try it) cuts the bitterness of the lager.

Maybe it's called Snakebite because you feel like you've been bitten by a snake the next day?
Snakebite | Ms. enPlace
A snakebite with a roast beef po'boy may be even better than one with pizza.

Know what else goes with a Snakebite?
The blues.
Tab Benoit at Dosey Doe's in The Woodlands, TX

I mean how else ya gonna feel when snakebit?
Tab Benoit at Dosey Doe's in The Woodlands, TX.  We caught the show while on vacation this summer.

Tab Benoit at Dosey Doe's in The Woodlands, TX


Snakebite (beer cocktail)
Pour equal parts hard cider and lager into a glass.
Drink.  Drink more.

All the booze I enjoyed this summer...
Kentucky Iced Tea | Ms. enPlace
Canialle Bleu Cocktail | Ms. enPlace
Lemon Drop Martinis | Ms. enPlace
Cuba Libre | Ms. enPlace
Cape Codder | Ms. enPlace

Some pizza...
Chicken, Bacon, & Green Chile Pizza | Ms. enPlace
Crab au Gratin Pizza | Ms. enPlace
Puff Pizzas w/ Collard Greens | Ms. enPlace

In the past...
Coush-Coush | Ms. enPlace
Eggplant w/ Creamy Corn Sauce | Ms. enPlace
Risotto Stuffed Tomatoes

Linking with:

Inspiration Monday My Pinterventures The YUCK Stops Here
Yesterfood
Feeding Big The 21st Century Housewife Hearth and Soul Blog Hop
Lou Lou Girls I party and get pinned at Tasty Tuesdays on Anyonita Nibbles Full Time Mama
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage My Turn for us
Say G'Day Saturday
Two Little Cavaliers

8 comments:

  1. Hmmmm.. it is warm here too, and that Snake Bite might just be the thing to try, to cool us off a bit!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gregory is gonna LOVE this- Thanks Michelle!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to try this! Thank you for linking up at #MerryMonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name!!! Yeppers on my to try lisssst! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It definitely still feels like summer over here, but I know that soon enough it'll be TOO TOO cold so I'm savoring it as long as I can. This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing at DDT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle,
    It is for certain still summer here and one of those drinks would make it bearable, well maybe. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome post with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a fantastic weekend!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it was a fun evening, Michelle! Love the idea of beer and cider together - it sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing your Snakebite Beer Cocktail with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just happen to have some hard cider that we bought up north... might have to have a snakebit night.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.