Nov 17, 2013

See Ya in the Gumbo # 109 {potluck}

Welcome to See Ya in the Gumbo
Potluck Party

My great grandpa said See ya in the gumbo! 
instead of "good-bye."
It means see ya out there in the mix.

Gumbo is a mix of various ingredients.  
And no two people make it the same way.
To "make a gumbo" means much more than cooking.  When someone says "I'm making a gumbo," it means family and friends are invited.

I invite you to join this POTLUCK PARTY every Sunday night.
Bring whatever mix of ingredients you'd like.

Ms. enPlace


Featured entries are:
linked (w/ a picture) on this site
Pinned here 
shared on Google+

Top Five Features
(based on your clicks)

**Top-viewed**
   Fudge Pecan Pie 
from Diary of a Recipe Collector  
**Top-viewed**
   Fudge Pecan Pie  from Diary of a Recipe Collector   

Fried Cheddar and Olive Finger Sandwiches
from Little Joy Factory   
Fried Cheddar and Olive Finger Sandwiches from Little Joy Factory  

 Eggplant in Garlic Sauce
from Gluten Free A to Z
 gluten free eggplant in garlic sauce
    
Cherry Pecan Bacon Cheese Ball
from Turnips 2 Tangerines 
    Cherry Pecan Bacon Cheese Ball from Turnips 2 Tangerines

Chinese Fried Rice
from Shari Blogs – All Things Sweet & Delicious 
Chinese Fried Rice from Shari Blogs | www.shariblogs.com

My picks of the week:
Along with the Fudge Pecan Pie (above), 
two other pecan pies were linked last week.  
Pecan Pie is one of my favorite desserts.

Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
from Bakewell Junction
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie | Bakewell Junction  

  Bourbon Pecan Pie
from My Turn (for us) 
Bourbon Pecan Pie from My Turn (for us)

The Boy's picks of the week:
Pumpkin Cookies 
from Live a Sweet Life
Bake Live a Sweet Life Baking Pumpkin Cookies

French Onion Soup
from Frugal in Florida
French Onion Soup from Frugal in Florida

Bolognaise Meatballs & Mozzarella Subs
from With a Blast
Bolognaise Meatballs & Mozzarella Subs ~ quick and easy prepping!  #subs #bolognaise # WithABlast.com

* Please link your post, not your homepage*
* Link back or add my button if you'd like*
* Try to visit 2 or more participants*
* Food-related posts only, please*

18 comments:

  1. Pecan fudge pie!!! I'm going to have to make that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Donna Hay's recipe, my fried finger sandwiches got featured. Thank you Michelle for hosting this event. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Michelle! Hope you have a great week! :)

    Love, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Michelle for featuring my Cherry Pecan Bacon Cheese Ball~ Have a great week~ Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/17/2013

    Michelle,
    Thanks for featuring my Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie and for hosting the party. The other features are great.
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the party, Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle,
    Delicious featured dishes!
    I'm sharing one today, a chicken dish from Madhur Jaffrey!
    Thanks for hosting, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle,
    I'm always thrilled to see my recipe featured.( eggplant in garlic sauce) Thank you so much. I've linked a recipe for roasting winter squashes this week. Thanks so much for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the feature and the party, Michelle ! Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally smitten with the idea of the chocolate bourbon pecan pie.

    I've linked another Donna Hay dish - this week Prawn & Chilli Pot-Sticker Dumplings. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the party Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the party and thanks so much for featuring my Bourbon Pecan Pie!! I have another treat for you, a guest post written by my daughter, Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies!!
    I am excited about her lovely cookies and also welcoming her into the bloggy world!
    Hugs my sweet friend

    ReplyDelete
  13. The features all look lovely this week! Thank you for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh, that bourbon pecan pie sounds divine!
    I brought a family favourite - paleo curry beef stew.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The features this week have my mouth watering, Michelle! What a great collection! This week I've shared a really easy but really delicious dish - Chicken in a Leek Mushroom and Wholegrain Mustard Sauce. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the party Michelle. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for featuring my Chinese Fried Rice. I always look forward to your parties. Always a great collection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.