Jan 29, 2012

See Ya In the Gumbo! # 16 (Potluck)

See ya in the gumbo!

My great grandpa said this instead of "good-bye."  It means see ya out there in the mix.

Gumbo is a mix of various ingredients.  And no two people make it the same way.

To "make a gumbo" means much more than cooking.  When someone says "I'm making a gumbo," it means family and friends are invited.

I invite you to join this POTLUCK PARTY every Sunday night.
Bring whatever mix of ingredients you'd like.


~~Thank you to everyone who linked up last week!~~

All featured entries will be Pinned here.

Last week's top-viewed links were:

Spiced Oatmeal Cupcakes w/ Caramel Buttercream
from The Kitchen Cookie.
Doesn't the title lure you in?











Spinach Salad w/ Fresh Berries
from The Blest Nest.
This colorful salad has my name on it.













The Bon Ton's Bread Pudding
from The Mouth of the South.
What could be better after a big, hot bowl of gumbo?







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ms. enPlace



* Please link your post, not your homepage.
* In your post, please link back to my site or add a button.
* Try to visit 2 or more participants
* Food-related posts only, please.


4 comments:

  1. Seeing those cupcakes again makes me wish I had one now :) Thanks for the feature and for hosting again! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my salad! I am excited about the Bonton bread pudding recipe. Years ago, I worked at Texaco in New Orleans, which was just across the street from the Bonton. Fond memories of that bread pudding! :) And Mothers' bread pudding, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've featured two desserts and a salad...just perfect. I can indulge..and then make myself feel better about it by eating salad! Right on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.