Jul 8, 2011

I Heart Cooking Clubs: Fun In the Sun w/ Jamie Oliver

To me fun in the sun is a cookout on the deck.
Because when we have a cookout, The Husband does the nitty gritty work.
And all I'm in charge of is a fast and easy throw-together side.
Maybe two.

Like Jamie Oliver's Stir Fried Corn w/ Chili, Ginger, Garlic, & Parsley...
               and cherry tomatoes & basil for good measure.
Sounds like fun to me!
Even more fun when The Husband grills up my favorite burgers--Cheese Stuffed Burgers w/ Spicy Scallion Mayo!


Notes on the corn:
I picked JO's stir fried corn this week simply because it looked easy.  Because babe, this busy summer is putting the hurt on me.  Had no preconceptions.  No expectations.  Just a straightforward it'll put food on the table type of situation.  Well, it was really good.  I liked the cooking method.  Fast & fresh.  I liked the garlic.  I liked the chili.  I loved the ginger.  The Husband approved as well.  The Boy was thrown by the ginger since he normally only eats it in snap form.

The chili, ginger, and not completely cooked garlic all add a nice kick in the pants.  So if you don't like being kicked in the pants--or anywhere else--there's your warning.
IHCCJamieOliver
Submitting this to IHCC's Fun In the Sun week with Jamie Oliver.
Go sneak a peek at some more fun!



Also linking with:


Linked & featured at:
 photo SimpleSupperTuesday_zps93ff0e49.jpg

Printer Friendly

Stir Fried Corn w/ Chili, Ginger, Garlic, and Parsley

pretty much from Jamie Oliver

1 1/2-2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups corn kernels
1 Tbsp ginger
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced chili pepper
1 1/2-2 Tbsp soy sauce
handful fresh parsley (reserve small amt for garnish)
half as much basil (reserve small amt for garnish
handful cherry tomatoes, halved

Heat oil in a skillet or wok.  When hot, add the corn.  Cook a few minutes, keeping the corn moving.  Add the ginger, garlic, and chili pepper and cook a few minutes more.  Stir in the soy sauce.  Just before serving, add the parsley, basil, and tomatoes.  Stir to combine.  Garnish with parsley and basil and serve.

18 comments:

  1. I liked being kicked in the pants so this sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have too many summer salads like this! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love food that kicks my pants a bit; especially side items where it's not expected. I'd have to leave out the tomatoes because Hubby's not a fan, but otherwise, this will be on our table. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this recipe and your corn looks so good! The tomatoes are a nice touch of color too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that sounds awesome! I don't think I've ever used ginger w/ corn...but now I'm going to have to try for sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds really good! I just love Jamie Oliver!

    Wendy
    Around My Family Table

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dish and sounds delicious, too. Might have to cut the ginger in half, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frying corn is my absolute favorite method of cooking corn and I'm definitely a fan of getting kicked in the pants. This looks delicious, and like Heather said, I'm definitely curious about the addition of the ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great flavors in this one, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like being kicked in the pants too! Looks delicious - and I agree with your summer cooking philosophy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. A simple yet very delicious summer dish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would happily be kicked in the pants by this salad - looks great. Love the idea of pan-roasting the corn, and intrigued by the addition of the ginger. Definitely on the list for that time when summer returns to the antipodes :-)

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a small Asian food addiction. What a great way to have fresh corn! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The add of ginger to corn would be good but I have never tried it...or thought of it before! I like your comment about the boy only experiencing ginger in the snap form - Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love corn and your additions sounds like a very successful corn dish. I could see this, easily, on our table.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks really good, Michelle. Thanks for linking 2 nice links in to Food on Friday. I hope the New Year is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds really good, Michelle! Thanks for sharing on Simple Supper Tuesday. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.