Feb 24, 2013

See Ya in the Gumbo # 72 (potluck)


See ya in the gumbo!

My great grandpa said this instead of "good-bye."  It means see ya out there in the mix.

Gumbo is a mix of various ingredients.  And no two people make it the same way.

To "make a gumbo" means much more than cooking.  When someone says "I'm making a gumbo," it means family and friends are invited.

I invite you to join this POTLUCK PARTY every Sunday night.

Bring whatever mix of ingredients you'd like.

Ms. enPlace


Featured entries:
Your post will be linked along w/ a picture on this site
Your post and picture will be Pinned here 
Your post and picture will be shared on Google+


Last week's features:

There is a tie for the most clicked link last week!
**Top-viewed**
Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini
**Top-viewed**
from Learning the Ropes...One Recipe at a Time
I already bought what I need to make this later in the week.  Guess I wasn't alone in thinking Erika's pasta would be a winner. 
    

**Top-viewed**
Avocado Bacon and Eggs
**Top-viewed**
from Steak N Potatoes Kinda Gurl
Desi always has creative things to share.  It may be a new combination of flavors.  It may be a new way to package ingredients.  See for yourself.

  
Fried Prawns with Garlic and Fresh Basil
from Kitchen Flavours
Joyce explains that in Cantonese the word for prawns sounds like laughter.  She made this happy dish for Chinese New Year.  It looks so good, I'm sure I'll want it all year long.
 

    
Hot Doritos Bake Dish 
from Turnips 2 Tangerines 
Lynn rounds out the most-viewed links with a dish she whipped up for a potluck with things she had on hand.  Looks like a family-pleaser to me.   

My pick of the week:

Caramelized Banana Bread
from Hun...What's for Dinner?
Cindy's entry sounds like Bananas Foster in bread form.  And I like the sound of that. 
  
 
 
 
* Please link your post, not your homepage.

* In your post, please link back to my site or add a button.

* Try to visit 2 or more participants

* Food-related posts only, please.


15 comments:

  1. Way too difficult to chose when everything looks so wonderfully delish !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Michelle,
    Thank you for featuring my prawn dish!
    I'm sharing a lovely blueberry cake today. Thank you for hosting, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle~ What a nice surprise to see my recipe for Hot Doritos Bake Dish featured! Thank you:) Have a great week and thanks for hosting this fun party each and every week~ Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Michelle and thanks for another party :)
    I wish you a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle,
    Wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogging Award. It's on today's post at http://www.memoriesbythemile.com/
    I love your blog, your southern hospitality and your recipes. And thank you for the support you've given me.
    Oh and thanks for the party!

    Xoxo
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...what a roundup of dishes. I'm pretty sure I could inhale that creamy tortellini. If I wasn't watching my calorie intake I'd add the ingredients to my shopping list too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Michelle, Always love coming here. Thanks for hosting us. Lots of great features and new recipes. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like my entry (Guinness candied bacon) went through twice?? Not sure what happened there. Anyway, hope you have a fantastic week! Thank you for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great features and recipes! Merci for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great to link up today. What great features, loving the Avocado Bacon Eggs. Thank you for hosting and have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Michelle! Thanks for stopping by Lemon Tree Dwelling....I came to visit and noticed you had your own recipe party so I decided to join you! Hope you are having a great week :
    Cathy @ Lemon Tree Dwelling

    ReplyDelete
  12. The features look delicious :) This week I've shared a Chinese Style Broccoli and Rice Bowl. Thank you for hosting and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for featuring my Banana Bread, Michelle. Have a great week and thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for featuring my Avocado Bacon and Eggs!! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Michelle,
    It's eggs today!
    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.