Sep 28, 2014

See Ya in the Gumbo # 152 {potluck}


*~*~* 
Welcome to See Ya in the Gumbo!
*~*~*
My great grandpa said See ya in the gumbo! 
instead of "good-bye."
It means see ya out there in the mix.

Gumbo is a mix of various ingredients.  
And no two people make it the same way.
To "make a gumbo" means much more than cooking.  When someone says "I'm making a gumbo," it means family and friends are invited.

I invite you to join this POTLUCK PARTY every Sunday night.
Bring whatever mix of ingredients you'd like.

Ms. enPlace


Top Five Features
(based on your clicks)

**Top-viewed**
   Mothership Macaroni and Cheese  
from With a Blast
**Top-viewed**
Mothership Macaroni and Cheese ~ This dish has it all and is ideal to make when you need to feed a crowd {packed with hidden veggies as well ;-) } #MacAndCheese #PotluckRecipe #ComfortFood www.WithABlast.net   

Meringue Bones  
from Turnips 2 Tangerines
Meringue Bones   from Turnips 2 Tangerines  

Chicken with Caramelized Tomatoes 
from Bizzy Bakes
Chicken with Caramelized Tomatoes  from Bizzy Bakes    

Crunchy Asian Slaw
from Best of Long Island and Central Florida 
Crunchy Asian Slaw from Best of Long Island and Central Florida

Bee Bim Bop – Korean Stir Fry
from my sister's pantry
Bee Bim Bop – Korean Stir Fry from my sister's pantry

My picks...
Chocolate Buttermilk Cookies 
from Yesterfood
Chocolate Buttermilk Cookies  from Yesterfood

Muffin Tin Mashed Potatoes
from Simply Stacie 
Muffin Tin Mashed Potatoes

Frozen Mulled Wine
from Soup Spice Everything Nice 
Frozen Mulled Wine from Soup Spice Everything Nice

The Boy's picks...
Steak with Mushrooms and Green Beans 
from Hun...What's for Dinner?
Steak with Mushrooms and Green Beans  from Hun...What's for Dinner?

Banana Nut Bread 
from Nuestro Buen Provecho 
Banana Nut Bread  from Nuestro Buen Provecho

Homemade Potato Chips  
from Love Bakes Good Cakes
This Homemade Potato Chips recipe is so easy and delicious! A must make recipe! 

The Husband's picks...
Toffee Apple Cheesecake
from With a Blast
Toffee Apple Cheesecake ~ Old-fashioned Cheesecake topped with gooey, sticky Toffee Apple, S'Mores and drizzled with Brown Sugar/Cinnamon syrup ~ to die for delicious! #Cheesecake #AppleCheesecake #ToffeeApple #FallDessert

Homemade Pumpkin Cheesecake 
from From Val's Kitchen
Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe

* Please link your post, not your homepage*
* Link back or add my button if you'd like*
* Try to visit 2 or more participants*
* Food-related posts only, please*

Notice: 
If you are featured
1. Your post will be linked along with a picture on this site 
2. Your post and a picture will be pinned to the See Ya In the Gumbo Potluck--Featured Recipes board 
3.  Your post and a picture will be shared on Google+


17 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring the crunchy asian slaw. Love anything with a crunch.

    See you again next Sunday and as usual many thanks for hosting.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the party Michelle
    I'm joining early today :) (it's the middle of the night here but my leg is killing me and I can't sleep)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,
    Hope you are having a great weekend, we are just about ready to watch the Cowboys play your NO Saints, course you know who we want to win. Thanks so much for the party, it looks like a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are not insulted by my very simple Chicken Okra stew. I know it is nothing like the works of art that are made in your neck of the woods. Thanks for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Evening Michelle,
    Thanks again for another feature! It's one that is very special to me :) Makes it extra special because it's one of your son's pick!

    Hugs,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for featuring my Frozen Mulled Wine. I will be back to share next week. Too much dull required stuff going on last week. Not much blogging. Thanks for the party tonight. I am off to visit some of these great bloggers. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy features, Thank Michelle for hosting this
    fun- ness. See ya in the gumbo (I love that).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the 2 features and the party, Michelle ! Have an awesome week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting each week! Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michelle! Love the features this week! Thank you so much for hosting. This week I've shared some delicious Recipes to Use up Overripe Bananas. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello cute lady! I love partying with you each week. I would love it if you would stop by our party tonight at 7 pm. That would be fantastic! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michelle, I do appreciate the feature and all the other amazing features from this week. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried to leave a comment thanking you for the feature and it wouldn't go through. This is a test.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I've been a bit of a stranger the last few weeks. I bring you a pretty bowl of spring soup to make amends :-)
    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always Michelle, Thanks for the party and feature~ Have a great week, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting, Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.