Dec 9, 2013

Fill the Tins {Brownie Cookies w/ Peanut Butter Frosting}

All over Blogland, garlands and lights and sweets rule.
Donna Hay's Brownie Cookies w/ Peanut Butter Frosting

 

I'm always behind.  There are still things I've been trying to blog about since July.

Guess I'd better get one those ideas tout suite.

Before Christmas comes, I hope to bring you The Husband's favorite fudge (if the weather cooperates) and maybe a family recipe.

Will you settle for Brownie Cookies w/ Peanut Butter Frosting for now?

Donna Hay's Brownie Cookies w/ Peanut Butter Frosting

Review:
These cookies, from Donna Hay, remind me of and look like something I've made before: Chocolate Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies (a Joy the Baker recipe).

In case you are wondering, I prefered Joy the Baker's Whoopie Pies.

Donna Hay's cookies drew me in because of the pb/chocolate combination and because the picture on DH's website shows gooey chocolate oozing from the brownie cookies.  Sadly, my reality was that these cookies were only oozy with gooey chocolate minutes out of the oven.  After that, well, not so much.  However this didn't stop me from eating them anyway.  I just popped them in the microwave for a few seconds to make them oozy gooey chocolatey again.


Donna Hay's Brownie Cookies w/ Peanut Butter Frosting


Donna Hay's Brownie Cookies w/ Peanut Butter Frosting recipe can be found on her website.

Linking with I Heart Cooking Clubs 
for this week's "Fill the Tin" theme 
and 
with Bizzy Bakes 
for "My Meatless Monday."

IHCC Donna Hay Badge resized      MyMeatlessMondays

13 comments:

  1. I'm always a tad late myself... I'm hoping to bake this week to get a Christmas cookie post out. Or it may be soup & a pack of Pillsbury cookies. We'll just have to wait & see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bit tardy with my posts too. The chocolate- peanut butter combo never fails. Great idea to microwave before eating to get that gooey goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of post - definitely my kind of cookies!!
    Just looking at these brownie-cookies with pb and I want to grab the all and eat :)
    I'm heading over to check the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12/10/2013

    be carefull putting in microwave; the seat of the cookie could explode!
    T Ran

    ReplyDelete
  5. I now have the recipe I'll make for a friends birthday! The guy LOVES peanut butter. Thanks Michelle! When I make it I'll add it to the blog with a picture of Ted eating one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family would go crazy for these! Chocolate + peanut butter = perfection. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle,

    I saw this recipe and was afraid my daughter couldn't stop eating them. Good that you made them, I could enjoy by looking at the pictures :) .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had this recipe bookmarked for about two years! The only thing that stops me making them is this feeling I have of my jeans shrinking whenever I just look at the picture, let alone eat them. Now I need to check out those whoopie pies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, so no surprise...I wanna makes these too. I mean how can they not get your attention? However, I'm thinking based on what you said I may try the JTB version. They look delicious. I mean I kinda wanna just take off the tops and eat the pb filling. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cookies, Michelle!
    My daughter does not like nuts, but she doesn't mind peanut butter! I know just what you mean, for being not overly crazy over something but finished them off anyway! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look like perfectly rich and decadent little treats and pretty darn gooey too--even without time in the microwave. I am afraid I would eat them all! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are so nice...I can see my sons grabbing those off the tray first, they loves the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Nice tempting photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12/22/2013

    Love the choco/PB combo.I can definitely see myself making these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.