Oct 20, 2013

See Ya in the Gumbo # 105 {potluck}

Welcome to See Ya in the Gumbo
Potluck Party


My great grandpa said See ya in the gumbo! 
instead of "good-bye."
It means see ya out there in the mix.

Gumbo is a mix of various ingredients.  
And no two people make it the same way.
To "make a gumbo" means much more than cooking.  When someone says "I'm making a gumbo," it means family and friends are invited.

I invite you to join this POTLUCK PARTY every Sunday night.
Bring whatever mix of ingredients you'd like.

Ms. enPlace


Featured entries are:
linked (w/ a picture) on this site
Pinned here 
shared on Google+

Top Five Features
(based on your clicks)

**Top-viewed**
   Potato Taco Cakes 
from Best of Long Island and Central Florida
**Top-viewed**
     Potato Taco Cakes  from Best of Long Island and Central Florida

Local Cheese Loaf 
from Kitchen Flavours   
Local Cheese Loaf from Kitchen Flavours  

 Lemon Chicken and Vegetable Soup
from Soup Spice Everything Nice
Lemon Chicken and Vegetable Soup from Soup Spice Everything Nice 
    
Favorite Brownies
from Turnips 2 Tangerines 
  Favorite Brownies from Turnips 2 Tangerines   

Sally Lunn Herbed Rolls
from Little Joy Factory
Sally Lunn Herbed Rolls from Little Joy Factory

My picks of the week:
Chocolate Wasted Poke Cake
from Love Bakes Good Cakes 
Chocolate Wasted Poke Cake  

  Quick Bacon and Eggs
from Losing My Gut 
Quick Bacon and Eggs  #EggsInAMug #Eggs #Bacon

The Boy's picks of the week:
(he had a hard time narrowing things down)
Poached Eggs (method tip)
from Carole's Chatter
Poached Eggs: Carole's Chatter

Gingerbread Loaf
from Bakewell Junction
Gingerbread Loaf | Bakewell Junction

Caramel Popcorn Balls
from Yesterfood
Caramel Popcorn Balls from Yesterfood

Super EASY New England Clam Chowder
from Frugal in Florida
Super EASY New England Clam Chowder from Frugal in Florida

Pumpkin Chocolate Fudge
from Something Sweet
Pumpkin Chocolate Fudge from Something Sweet

* Please link your post, not your homepage*
* Link back or add my button if you'd like*
* Try to visit 2 or more participants*
* Food-related posts only, please*

23 comments:

  1. Hi! Michelle, I hope you had a lovely weekend. It is cool here in NLA I have been putting the soup pot to use. I sure hope you are getting some of the fall temperatures there. Thanks for the feature and for this great party. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dishes/treats all look wonderful!! Thanks for sharing.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Michelle, I'm so excited to have my Caramel Popcorn Balls featured- thank you!!

    I didn't have anything brand new to share this week, but I brought Shoo-Fly Cake from last fall...it has such a wonderful gingerbread taste that it's perfect for this time of year! :)

    Love, Joy
    Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle - this week I'm linking Caramelised Banana Bread - a great way to start the day from Donna Hay. Hmmm, that sounded creepily "rhymie", didn't it?!

    Thanks for hosting
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to be featured for my Quick Bacon and Eggs! I'll have to see if I can find something to post this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle~ Thanks for featuring my Brownies!! In fact, All the features look delicious! Have a Great Week~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never knew you had a party, Michelle ! Thanks for hosting !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great features, Michelle! Thanks so much for the feature :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Michelle,
    Thank you for featuring my Cheese Loaf!
    I'm sharing a chicken dish today!
    Thank you for hosting, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Michelle for featuring my Chocolate Pumpkin Fudge
    ❤ ❤
    (BTW - I had to hide from my family that it contained pumpkin LOL Only after they ate and loved it I told them)

    Have a great week and thanks for another party :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for hosting, Michelle! This week I've shared my lighter, but still creamy and delicious, Creamed Spinach. Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michelle,

    Thank you for featuring my Sally Lunn Rolls! So nice to know new friends here, I feel flattered!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michelle, it is nothing but a mouth watering pleasure when dropping in on you. Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for hosting another fantastic party :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are back in Florida and hooked up to the internet again and one of the first places I wanted to check was your blog. WOW! My potato cakes were featured- THANKS! I hope everyone likes them as much as we did.

    Thank you to Jo-Ann from jo-ann growingingrace for sharing the recipe, It's a keeper.

    Michelle- thanks for hosting.Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Michelle, so happy to visit you again and wish you a happy week and thank you for the party! Lizy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the feature, Michelle. I've linked in some quick pickles this time. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for the linky!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Michelle,'
    I'm sharing one more, a delicious edamame hummus from Rick Bayless!
    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for hosting! So many yummy recipes. Today I brought my favourite recipe for spice roasted chicken with apple stuffing. Great for the cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for hosting this fun party each week! Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for hosting this fun party each week! Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Michelle,
    I'm sharing a cookie today.
    Thank you for hosting! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.