Mar 3, 2013

See Ya in the Gumbo # 73 (potluck)


See ya in the gumbo!

My great grandpa said this instead of "good-bye."  It means see ya out there in the mix.

Gumbo is a mix of various ingredients.  And no two people make it the same way.

To "make a gumbo" means much more than cooking.  When someone says "I'm making a gumbo," it means family and friends are invited.

I invite you to join this POTLUCK PARTY every Sunday night.

Bring whatever mix of ingredients you'd like.

Ms. enPlace


Featured entries:
Your post will be linked along w/ a picture on this site
Your post and picture will be Pinned here 
Your post and picture will be shared on Google+


Last week's features:

Another tie for the most clicked link last week!
**Top-viewed**
Warm Cinnamon-Spiced Blueberry Cake
**Top-viewed**
from Kitchen Flavors
It's been cold this weekend--freezing even.  Would love to warm the house up with this cake. 
    

**Top-viewed**
Honey Mustard Spiced Ham
**Top-viewed**
from Turnips 2 Tangerines
Ham spiced with honey, Creole mustard, coke and spiced rum will warm things up too.

  
Grandma's Banana Cake
from Lemon Tree Dwelling
A nice tribute and delicious cake.
 

    
Chicken Enchiladas with a Cream of Jalapeño Sauce 
from Once a Mom...Always a Cook 
Cream of jalapeno sauce just sounds so good.   
Chicken Enchiladas with a Cream of Jalapeno Sauce

My pick of the week:

Grape Pizza
from Soup Spice Everything Nice
I'm intrigued by the sweet, salty, and woodsy flavors on this pizza. 
  
 
 
 
* Please link your post, not your homepage.

* In your post, please link back to my site or add a button.

* Try to visit 2 or more participants

* Food-related posts only, please.


11 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle~ Wow! My recipe for Honey Mustard Spiced Ham was among the "top-viewed" recipes:) There are always so many wonderful recipes featured here on See Ya in the Gumbo:) Have a Great Week~ Thanks Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting. Will have to stop back by to see the other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the party Michelle :)
    I wish you a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm joining in this week with a very simple, but incredibly good, tomato pasta sauce.

    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting another great party :) Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Michelle for the feature and the party! I have been busy with work stuff. But I will be back to post a new recipe first chance I get. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hosting Michelle! This week I've shared my Curried Mango Chicken, a deliciously easy mid-week dinner dish. Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting and have a great week Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michelle,
    Thank you for featuring my Blueberry Cake. I'm sharing some Tomato Bread this week. Thank you for hosting, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again Michelle! I posted a new stir-fry. Better late than never. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.