Nov 20, 2012

Get Your Chef On: Cranberries

It's Get Your Chef On time!

Thanks to Julie @ White Lights On Wednesday and Jen @ Four Marrs, One Venus for hosting.

Our ingredient for this round is a very seasonally appropriate one...

Cranberries


My entry for GYCO: Cranberries was inspired by my favorite trail mix.
I'm not into those fancy tropical, berry blend, or spicy mix packages.
I'm not all that into the energy or health mixes either.
Instead, I guess I prefer to sit around being lazy and doughy munching on a mix of
dried cranberries
pecans
dark chocolate chips




I mixed these ingredients into biscotti dough with a touch of cinnamon.



This post featured at:
and
Photobucket

Printer Friendly

Trail Mix Biscotti
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 lightly beaten eggs
heaping 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Melted white chocolate for garnish (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.  Make a well in the center of the ingredients.  Add the vanilla and beaten eggs to the well.  Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the egg and vanilla.  Stir in the cranberries and pecans--the dough will be thick and sticky.  Once the cranberries and pecans are incorporated, fold in the chocolate chips, using your hands to knead the dough.  Knead for a few minutes.

Divide the dough in half.  Form each half into a log about 10" long and 2 1/2" wide.  Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake about 20 minutes.  Remove to a cutting board, cool slightly, then cut each log into 1 1/2" slices.  Place the slices back on the cookie sheet and bake for another 15 minutes.  After cooling, drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired.




Also linking with:
The Chicken Chick
Photobucket
 Hearth and Soul blog hop at Premeditated Leftovers
Love Bakes  Good Cakes
Nap-Time Creations
White Lights on Wednesdays
Recipe Box Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
Gallery of Favorites BWS tips button
Freedom Fridays
Blogfest
Seasonal Sunday Teapot copy

9 comments:

  1. Cranberries are one of my very favorite ingredients all year long. Your biscotti looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my yummy! I love all the ingredients in your trail mix biscotti! I also agree with your "healthy" take on this coffee lovin' treat! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biscotti is about the only thing I feel confident enough to bake, so I am all over these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved cranberry sauce, but it's only recently I discovered how much I love cranberries, and dried cranberries, in baked goods. Your biscotti look wonderful - like something from a very special cafe - and they sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cranberries, pecans and dark chocolate sound like a perfectly flavor balanced treat. Thanks for sharing this on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful combo, Michelle! This would make a great gift for the holidays! Thanks for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends. I'm looking forward to seeing what you share this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi...you have been chosen to be featured this Wednesday on Home Cooking. I can't wait to try your recipe. Hope you stop by to say hi.
    http://gangi-homecooking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Biscotti, cranberries, chocolate, all things I love! Must try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.