Nov 9, 2009

Blog Award

My friend, Cindy at Hun...What's for Dinner sent me an award last week.  Thanks, Cindy!  It's the Honest Scrap award.  I have to share 10 honest things about myself and pass the award along.  So here goes...

1. I have freakishly long arms compared to the rest of my body.  Long sleeve shirts are always about 2" too short on me.

2. I have a chocolate obsession, which is no secret.  But speaking of secrets, I think chocolate tastes better when eaten in secret.  I have a stash.

3. If I could, I'd sleep until 9 AM every day.

4. I hate folding laundry and would rather scrub stinky toilets.

5. Sometimes I think my son is doomed to repeat my awkward, gawky, bookworm adolescence.

6. I am afraid of grasshoppers.  I can do spiders, snakes, mice.  But not grasshoppers.

7. I don't like football, which is a statement that will get me shunned since the Saints are having a great season.

8. I am terrible at giving gifts.  It's not that I don't want to give gifts, it's that I suck at coming up with ideas for what to give.

9. I ran my first race 11 years ago.  My dad helped me train and ran the race with me.  We had a plan to pace ourselves until the last stretch and then turn it on.  He told me when I was ready to sprint to the finish, give him a sign so he'd know.  I got excited near the end of the race and forgot to give the signal.  I started sprinting and other runners followed.  I won the female category, my dad did not win male.  I still feel guilty about that.

10. I think I wasted a lot of time and money going to college and grad school.

The rules for this award:
-- Say thank you and give a link to the presenter of the award.
-- Share “10 Honest Things” about yourself.
-- Present the award to 10* other bloggers whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design or to those who have encouraged you.

-- Be sure to tell the 10* bloggers chosen that you are giving them the Honest Scrap award and provide the guidelines for them.


*Or a number that you can reasonably accomplish in whatever mental/physical state you're in.

I'm passing this on to:
Stirring the Pot--Kim is one of the most encouraging bloggers I've met.
Amy's WFD Blog--Amy has more energy than anyone I know.
The Friday Friends--because I enjoy reading Debbie's blog and am glad she's posting again.
Heatherisathome--Heather always cooks such great meals for her and her daughter.

2 comments:

  1. You are way too kind! But--you are giving me motivation to get back in the blogging game. I've missed it.
    Thank you so much. I will do a post about it later on today. Hmmmm.....10 honest things about myself. My thinking cap is on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you on receiving the award! Thanks so much for passing it on to me. I will post mine tomorrow. Hmmmm...10 new things to share

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.