My friend, Cindy at Hun...What's for Dinner sent me an award last week. Thanks, Cindy! It's the Honest Scrap award. I have to share 10 honest things about myself and pass the award along. So here goes...
1. I have freakishly long arms compared to the rest of my body. Long sleeve shirts are always about 2" too short on me.
2. I have a chocolate obsession, which is no secret. But speaking of secrets, I think chocolate tastes better when eaten in secret. I have a stash.
3. If I could, I'd sleep until 9 AM every day.
4. I hate folding laundry and would rather scrub stinky toilets.
5. Sometimes I think my son is doomed to repeat my awkward, gawky, bookworm adolescence.
6. I am afraid of grasshoppers. I can do spiders, snakes, mice. But not grasshoppers.
7. I don't like football, which is a statement that will get me shunned since the Saints are having a great season.
8. I am terrible at giving gifts. It's not that I don't want to give gifts, it's that I suck at coming up with ideas for what to give.
9. I ran my first race 11 years ago. My dad helped me train and ran the race with me. We had a plan to pace ourselves until the last stretch and then turn it on. He told me when I was ready to sprint to the finish, give him a sign so he'd know. I got excited near the end of the race and forgot to give the signal. I started sprinting and other runners followed. I won the female category, my dad did not win male. I still feel guilty about that.
10. I think I wasted a lot of time and money going to college and grad school.
The rules for this award:
-- Say thank you and give a link to the presenter of the award.
-- Share “10 Honest Things” about yourself.
-- Present the award to 10* other bloggers whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design or to those who have encouraged you.
-- Be sure to tell the 10* bloggers chosen that you are giving them the Honest Scrap award and provide the guidelines for them.
*Or a number that you can reasonably accomplish in whatever mental/physical state you're in.
I'm passing this on to:
Stirring the Pot--Kim is one of the most encouraging bloggers I've met.
Amy's WFD Blog--Amy has more energy than anyone I know.
The Friday Friends--because I enjoy reading Debbie's blog and am glad she's posting again.
Heatherisathome--Heather always cooks such great meals for her and her daughter.